Understanding your funding options
Home care services can be government funded, privately self-funded, or a combination of both. Your age, the level of care you require, and your financial circumstances can help you determine which option will apply to you.
Home Care Packages
This program provides government-funded home care across four levels of support to help you remain independent, maintain your lifestyle, and live in your own home for longer.
- Long-term comprehensive support
- Low to high care needs
- Eligibility for Home Care Packages can be assessed through My Aged Care
- Additional fees may be required based on individual circumstances and financial assessment.
Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
This is a government-subsidised program designed to assist those who are having trouble doing everyday activities and need low-care support.
It also assists people to continue living independently.
- Long-term support or short-term episodic support
- Eligibility for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme can be assessed through My Aged Care
- Available to everyone over 65 years (or over 50 for ATSI) who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or on a low income.
Each program will have specific eligibility criteria. We can provide step-by-step advice to help you navigate the application process.
Acacia Living Group also offers clients the option of private Home Care agreements, for people who are not quite ready for full Home Care and/or for those that are awaiting their home care referral from My Aged Care.
Each program will have specific eligibility criteria, and for some, access may depend on your location. We can provide step-by-step advice to help you navigate the application process.