Prior to admission
Before you join us as a resident, there are four essential steps that you must undertake in order to assist us to facilitate the admission process. These steps are the same for admission to any Australian Residential Aged Care facility.
- ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team)
You must have a current ACAT assessment as this determines your eligibility and the level of care you require. The hospital or your GP or Home Care Coordinator can arrange for an ACAT assessment on your behalf. The ACAT staff will arrange to meet with you either at home or in hospital to conduct the assessment. They will ask a range of questions.
- Income and Assets Declaration
At the time of your ACAT assessment, you will be given an Income and Assets Declaration Form. Please complete the form and send it to either Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).
- Know your financial status
You must know your financial status as this determines the level of Government support you may be entitled to and also determines any fees you may be charged for on-going care. We encourage you to check with the Department of Social Services and seek financial advice to assist you completing the Income and Assets Declaration Form.
- Residential Aged Care Application Form
You must complete our Residential Aged Care Application Form. The application form is to be accompanied by your current Centrelink or DVA Income and Asset Declaration determination/advice. Once completed and returned to us, we can arrange to meet with you to discuss your care needs, your individual financial situation and options.
Residential Aged Care facilities are always in high demand, and in order to place you on our waiting list, we need to ensure we have copies of the following documentation:
- Completed Acacia Living Group Residential Aged Care Application Form;
- A copy of your Income and Assets assessment;
- A copy of your Power of Attorney or Guardianship.
As soon as a place becomes available, we will contact you to arrange a meeting for your admission.
Power of Attorney or Guardianship
Whilst not compulsory, we do recommend you have nominated a Power of Attorney or Guardianship so that someone of your choosing can act on your behalf if you are no longer capable of making decisions for yourself.
Medical Records and Medications
Any detailed medical records, including a list of medications and prescriptions, should be supplied to the Admissions Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to your admission.
Please advise our Admissions Coordinator if you have any special requirements, such as:
- Special dietary requirements including diabetes, gluten intolerance, and any food allergies;
- Mobility aids such as a walking stick, walking frame or wheelchair;
- Special seating requirements such as a shower chair;
- Laundry labels;
- Mobile breathing apparatus for continuous oxygen supply.
Pricing and payments
Pricing, payments and key features of our Aged Care facilities can be viewed here.
On admission day
Admissions are generally between 10.00am and 10.30am unless otherwise arranged. Here are a few things that will help you on the day:
- Please bring all your remaining medications and prescriptions with you.
- We will take your photograph for safety and security purposes.
- We will also take a copy of your Pension, Medicare, DVA and Safety Net cards for our records and for the pharmacy.
- Permission forms will need to be signed by you.
- One of our nurses will ask you a series of questions regarding your health and preferences, and will also take your blood pressure, temperature, pulse etc.
Our friendly staff will show you to your room and explain how to use the call bell system and the phone.
We will let you know about meal times and help you to settle in, feel welcome and familiar with your new home and meet your new neighbours .
We’ll make sure you feel at home
All accommodation at our Menora Gardens and Meadow Springs facilities are single occupancy – each resident has their own bedroom with built-in wardrobe and ensuite bathroom.
Residents have access to a full range of on-site personal care services and amenities at both facilities including:
- GP, dental, podiatry and physiotherapy services;
- Nurse call and telephone;
- Occupational therapy, including organised activity, exercise and social programs;
- Daily activities and a Lifestyle Team to address individual preferences and interests;
- Meals prepared on-site by our Chef and catering team;
- Daily laundry services;
- Large lounge with Foxtel and common areas;
- Well-stocked library;
- Landscaped gardens and courtyards with walkways and BBQ area;
- Regular, organised and accompanied shopping trips and outings to a range of activities and locations with transport provided by our complimentary bus service.
Additional services and amenities at Menora Gardens only:
- Chapel and Church Services
- Village Restaurant
- Village Bowling Green
- Music room
- Televisions provided in the extra service rooms
- Options for Extra Services are available on request
- Playground for children
Additional services and amenities at Meadow Springs only:
- Pet Therapy
Need more information?
For more information, pricing and accommodation enquiries , please contact Admissions during business hours: