Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) provides entry-level funding support for older people who need some help to stay at home. As a service provider Acacia Living will work with you to maintain your independence.
The CHSP is an entry-level home support programme that helps older people to live independently in their homes and communities. Most people want to stay at home for as long as possible as they get older. To support this, we subsidise a range of in-home aged care services.
These services help older Australians to:
- stay independent and safe in their own homes
- delay or avoid high-level care such as residential care in an aged care (nursing) home
- stay socially active
- stay connected with their community
The CHSP is for frail older Australians who need support to live independently at home and are either:
- aged 65 years or over (50 or over for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples) and have functional limitations and need assistance
- prematurely aged (50 years or older; 45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples) and are on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless as a result of housing stress or not having secure accommodation.
Most people in the CHSP only need one or two services to help them stay independent.
Acacia Living is currently providing the following CHSP services within the Metro Southwest / Peel region:
- Personal Care
Assistance with Client Self-administration of Medicine
Assistance with Self Care such as dressing, showering and personal hygiene
Acacia Living also provide CHSP respite care services in Geraldton and Jurien Bay.
- Cottage Respite
- Centre based respite
More about respite care here.
Find out more from your local home care manager
P: 9291 0105