Menora Gardens and Meadow Springs RCFs Updated Resident Families Visitors 9 Feb 2021
9th February 2021
Dear Residents, Families, and Visitors,
As you are aware, the State Government has instigated a COVID-19 post-lockdown transition period for the areas of Perth, and Peel effective from 6 pm, Friday 5 February until 12.01 am, Sunday 14 February 2021. Subsequently, the Chief Health Officer has issued an updated Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Direction (Direction) covering the Perth and Peel areas. Previous Directions remain current for the remainder of the State.
In accordance with the latest Direction applying to Perth and Peel areas the following updated visitation information is provided.
- A care and support visit may be made to a resident provided that no more than one person is making the visit at any given time.
- A persons presence at the residential aged care facility is for the purposes of end of life support for a resident.
A visitor must not enter or remain in the Menora Gardens or Meadow Springs residential aged care facilities if they:
- Are subject to an interstate, intrastate, regional or metropolitan COVID-19 quarantine and testing direction.
- Are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been informed that they are a ‘close contact’ of COVID-19.
- Have a fever or any (even mild) symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, fatigue).
- Cannot provide staff with documentary evidence of their 2020/2021 influenza vaccination prior to entry.
- (Note: residential aged care providers must seek appropriate evidence of immunisation status from individuals seeking to enter the residential aged care facility. Appropriate evidence may be a statement or record from a health practitioner; or an immunisation history statement available from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. Evidence of immunisation status must be dated 2020/2021. Under the Commonwealth Government direction, aged care providers are required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that a person does not enter or remain on the premises if they do not meet the influenza vaccination requirements).
- Do not wear a surgical mask.
Visitors entering our residential care facilities must:
- Use hand sanitiser provided upon entering the facility and take their temperature which must be no more than 37.5 and recorded on the form provided.
- Conduct visits in the resident’s room or in a specific designated area (not a communal space where the risk of viral transmission to residents is greater).
- Ensure residents have no more than one visitor at a time.
- Practise social distancing including maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres.
- Wear a surgical mask.
Further advice regarding the further easing of visitation restrictions will be provided following receipt from the State Government.
Again, thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding while we comply with current Directions.
Kevin Davidson MVO, OAM
Chief Executive Officer