4th January, 2021
Dear Residents, Families, Visitors, and Employees,
The Western Australian Government has announced another extension of mandatory mask wearing until for the areas of Perth and Peel region as there continues to be Covid-19 cases in the community. This includes all public indoor settings, your workplace, shopping centres, hospitality venues and public transport.
This extension is at least 6am Friday 7thth January 2022 or until advised differently.
This mask mandate applies at all times during any visitation to Menora Gardens Residential Care Facility and Meadow Springs Residential Care Facility.
In relation to visits the following screening measures are in place until further notice.
Visitors and staff may not enter residential care facilities, if they:
- Are subject to an interstate, intrastate, regional, or metropolitan COVID-19 quarantine and testing direction.
- Are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have been informed that they are a ‘close contact’ of COVID-19.
- Have a fever or any (even mild) symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, fatigue).
- Cannot provide staff with documentary evidence of their 2020/2021 influenza vaccination prior to entry.
- (Note: residential aged care providers must seek appropriate evidence of immunisation status from individuals seeking to enter the residential aged care facility. Appropriate evidence may be a statement or record from a health practitioner; or an immunisation history statement available from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. Evidence of immunisation status must be dated are required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that a person does not enter or remain on the premises if they do not meet the influenza vaccination requirements).
Visitors entering our residential care facilities must:
- Use hand sanitiser provided upon entering the facility and take their temperature which must be no more than 37.5 and recorded on the form provided.
- You must use the safe WA APP and scan in using the QR code.
- Practise social distancing including maintaining 1.5 metres.
- Wear a surgical mask.
- Not visit or attempt to enter our facilities if you are unwell.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.