Multiple Staff have tested positive to Covid-19 at Menora Gardens Residential Aged Care
9h February, 2022
Acacia Living group confirms that an additional three team members plus an agency staff member at our Menora Gardens Residential Aged Care Facility have been diagnosed with COVID-19 after a PCR test.
The employees are currently in self-isolation, in the care of health professionals and are in a stable condition. We are in regular contact with them.
We now have 5 staff who have tested positive. We are now considered a break-out site which means we have to follow the instructions of the West Australian Public Health Department. This means we are in lockdown. All residents of our Menora Gardens RAC are in isolation and are tested regularly, and to date, no resident has tested positive. As we are in lockdown we cannot accept visitors unless for end of life and emergency care. The facility will be in lockdown until at least 15th of March.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents and employees is our overriding priority.
Any employee who feels unwell and has symptoms of COVID-19 is being placed in home self-isolation and advised to seek medical attention as a priority.
What are we doing now to keep both staff and residents safe?
- The facility is now in lockdown until at least the 15th March and visitors are restricted to those providing essential services only.
- All residents in Menora building have tested negative on the Rapid Antigen Test last night as of 8pm.
- Any resident who develops symptoms will be tested with the Rapid Antigen Test as per standard protocol.
- All residents are encouraged to have all their meals in their rooms to minimise the spread of infection as a precaution.
- Our therapy team will deliver one on one activities and assist with facilitating video calls and facetime to remain connected with family and friends.
- We will continue to test all residents in accordance with the rules and will be following instructions from the Public Health Unit.
- All staff are being tested with the Rapid Antigen Test prior to commencing their shifts.
- All staff will be wearing PPE at all times.
- Surveillance for further COVID-19 continues.